Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
We would be delighted to help your business celebrate with a Grand Opening, Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. Your business must meet the following criteria:
- Opened its doors in the last 12 months
- Changed ownership or under new management
- Moved to a new location
- Has been remodeled or expanded at its present location
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan and is a great way to kick-off a grand opening of a business. It offers an opportunity to meet key leaders in the community and get acquainted with your neighbors and Chamber members.
The Independence Chamber will conduct the ceremony, complete with a giant pair of scissors. We will also take photos of the event which will be published in the following months newsletter.
Scheduling with the Chamber should take place a minimum of two weeks prior to the event to allow for proper planning.
Snacks and beverages are usually served, but it is your decision. Your plan can be as simple or elaborate as you like, whatever fits your budget.The Chamber will help make things go as smoothly as possible by:
- Notifying the Chamber’s Board of Directors, City Dignitaries and Chamber members encouraging them to attend your event.
- Putting you in touch with other Chamber businesses that you can contact to provide catering, deli and/or beverage services if needed.
- Arranging a Chamber Ambassador to emcee.
- Bringing the ribbon and giant scissors.
- Taking pictures at the appointed time.